Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company with a great team environment? We are recruiting for a Sheet Metal Worker to join our team based in Markham, ON.
Swegon is a North American leader in HVAC, noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors.
What we offer…
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Comprehensive benefits
- Modern and spacious employee lounge including a big screen TV and Ping Pong
- Team building and social events
- Convenient location in Markham, free parking and many amenities close by
Sheet Metal Worker
- Fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products to meet standard scheduled times and quality standards.
- Spot weld using welding cooper table guns, calipers and stationary spot welders.
- Operate basic machines for roll casting, notch, and scribe & cut shapes.
- Feed a pre-set press as required.
- Use basic hand tools to fabricate and assemble parts.
- Insert fiberglass insulation in cavities.
- Follow safety, assembly and quality procedures.
- Manually lift, turn, bend and push to position components for assembly and sub-assembly.
- This position requires frequent contact with fiberglass insulation.
- Must be driven with a desire to learn and be flexible
- Some experience as an assembler within environmental manufacturing is preferred
- Some experience reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Good communication and people skills and ability to interact well with others.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Previous experience including skills and ability to perform the work will be an asset.
- Assessment of Skills & Ability may be required.
- $18.59/hour + $0.70 afternoon shift premium = $19.29/hr
Working 40 hours per week, 4 days per week - Monday to Thursday
NIGHT SHIFT 4:30pm - 3:00am
Plant Location - 355 Apple Creek Blvd Markham, ON
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-7371. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.