Are you looking for a Project Management position with a dynamic company that values a diverse workforce and collaborative culture?
Swegon North America is looking for their next Project Manager! This is a Hybrid position working 1+ days/week at our Markham Head Office and then at our brand new Ajax facility mid 2022! JOIN US!
Reporting to the Director of Project Management, the Project Manager provides support to assigned accounts including contractors, OEM Accounts, and Sale Representatives across North America. They manage a wide variety of projects requiring Noise Control and/or Vibration Isolation and Restraint Systems. They also manage all post order activities associated with these projects. Having a keen eye for detail, a proactive mindset, and effective time management skills will enable the successful candidate to be very responsive while multitasking in this role.
The successful candidate is required to drive a positive, cost-conscious, customer focused atmosphere within the Business Unit and increase productivity through synergy, upholding the company values of Trust, Commitment and Customer Empathy. The head office is located in Markham and relocating to Ajax in 2022.
What we offer…
- Comprehensive benefits that start on your very first day!
- A Hybrid work schedule with flexible hours
- Competitive salary
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Team building and social events
- Free parking and many amenities close by
- Develop and Build strong positive relationships with assigned sales reps/customers
- Responsive to our customer and driving timely turnaround of required tasks related to project execution.
- Work with appropriate parties for any required scope addition/change to existing projects
- Responsible for ensuring proper file documentation to support the contract/scope being executed.
- Responsible for the project from time of booking to closure.
- Communicate project, spec and installation requirements to the engineering design team when applicable.
- Review the requirements of the project to ensure that all applicable information is received from the client for timely execution.
- Track, document and consolidate all project information
- Responsible for communicating dates related to specific deliverables and any schedule changes to all stakeholders timely.
- Seek out opportunities to add value and increase scope of supply on projects where applicable
- Manage contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Manage and coordinate site visits, and sign off letters when applicable
- Post Order Management (i.e. billing, invoicing, field services and project close outs)
- Identify continuous improvement ideas and actions that support the team culture promoting cost consciousness and customer focus
- Forecast and Follow up to drive timely schedules, provide insight, and reduce risk.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and projects within Swegon
- Responsible to read and follow standard operating procedures when applicable
- Additional responsibilities as assigned to support the Project Management team
Qualifications & Skills:
- University/ College degree in Engineering or more than 3 years’ experience in inside sales, or Project Management (experience with HVAC systems is a bonus!)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills in Excel, PDF and Word
- Ability to work in a fast paced, continually changing, environment
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and comfortable multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Swegon North America is a leader in HVAC, commercial ventilation and integrated heating and cooling solutions. We offer over fifty years of unsurpassed industry experience to mechanical engineering consultants and contractors. Swegon supplies components and systems creating superior indoor climate, energy conservation and acoustic solutions producing environments designed for ultimate quality and comfort.
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-7371. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have an Engineering degree or more than 3 years of experience with Inside Sales or Project Management? Please specify.
- Do you happen to have any knowledge/previous work experience in the HVAC Industry?
- Do you have any experience or knowledge of seismic restraints?
- How many years of experience do you have with understanding mechanical drawings?
- Are you eligible to work full time for any employer within Canada?
- This is a Hybrid position. Are you able to work 1+days/week onsite at our Head Office in Markham and eventually at our new Head Office in Ajax?
- Have you previously worked in a Project Manager role with similar responsibilities?
- What is your salary range expectation?
- Do you have or are you working towards your PMP designation?