Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company with a great team environment? We are recruiting for a Machine Operator (Press Brake & Shear) to join our team based in Markham, ON.
Swegon is a North American leader in HVAC, noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors.
What we offer…
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Comprehensive benefits
- Modern and spacious employee lounge including a big screen TV and Ping Pong
- Team building and social events
- Convenient location in Markham, free parking and many amenities close by
Machine Operator - Job Summary:
- Operate the machines and controls in safe manner.
- Set up the machines to produce required outputs.
- Make adjustments to machines to meet quality standards.
- Keep tight tolerances (square and dimensions) while operating the machines.
- Keep up with required output rates/ time standards.
- Follow Production schedules and completion dates.
- Plan work proactively to minimize set ups and set-up times.
- Follow the Material usage and Inventory control procedures accurately.
- Plan sheet utilization to minimize scrap.
- Minimize scrap while operating the machines.
- Handle heavy parts in loading and unloading the machines.
- Follow safety procedures and be safety conscious.
- Read and interpret blue prints.
- Press Brake and Shear experience
- CNC control experience
- Proven experience with measuring tools such as: calipers, verniers, protractors
- Complete measurement conversions from metric to imperial, fractions to decimals.
- Material handling is an asset.
- Communication, people skills and interacting well with others.
- Assessment of Skills & Ability may be required.
Working 40 hours per week, 4 days per week - Monday to Thursday
Afternoon shift 4:30pm- 3:00am - $20.92/hr plus shift premium $0.70
Brake and Shear experience is NECESSARY
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences