Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group Company is recruiting for a Sheet Metal Worker to join our team at our manufacturing plant in Markham, ON.
The candidate must be able to:
- Fabricate, assemble and install sheet metal products to meet standard scheduled times and quality standards.
- Spot weld using welding cooper table guns, calipers and stationary spot welders.Operate basic machines to roll casting, notch, and scribe & cut shapes.
- Feed a pre-set press as required.
- Use basic hand tools to fabricate and assembly parts.
- Insert fiberglass insulation in cavities.
- Follow safety procedures.
- Follow assembly procedures.
- Follow quality procedures.
- Good communication and people skills in interacting with others.
- Manually lift, turn, bend and push to position components for assembly and sub-assembly.
- This position requires frequent contact with fiberglass insulation.
- Must be driven with a desire to learn and be flexible
- Some experience as an assembler within environmental manufacturing is preferred
- Some experience reading blueprints and drawings
- Team player
- Experience working within vehicle manufacturing and/or with LEAN is preferred
- Computer skills
Previous experience including skills and ability to perform the work will be an asset. Assessment of Skills & Ability may be required.
- Metal Fabrication: 1 year
- Production: 1 year
- Sheet Metal Assembly: 1 year
Working 40 hours per week, 4 days per week - Monday to Thursday
Day Shift - $16.59/hr
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group company has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.