Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company where you can learn and develop?
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group Company is recruiting for a Sales Application Engineer to join our team at our office conveniently located in Markham, ON. We offer a comprehensive benefit package, a retirement savings plan and a state of the art employee lounge complete with a ping pong table! If you are a quick learner and looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Application Engineering Manager, this role is responsible for the design, application engineering, specification, preparation and coordination of proposals for HVAC Noise, Vibration isolation and associated seismic restraint systems for commercial and institutional buildings
Key responsibilities, consistent with the Lay-in Sales SOP (internal standard operating procedure):
- Solicit sales leads and work closely with Mechanical Engineers to provide application engineering services and specifications for noise and vibration control systems.
- Select silencers and develop custom silencers as necessary to meet project noise criteria.
- Achieve personal and group sales objectives.
- Communicate with Mechanical Engineers and Manufacturer’s Representatives regarding HVAC systems, silencer applications and vibration isolation applications.
- Acoustically analyze ducting systems and / or outdoor noise applications.
- Develop silencer schedules and specifications in conjunction with vibration isolation schedules and specifications where required, to help the Mechanical Engineer properly specify these noise control systems.
- Generate lay-in documents and communicate requirements to the Mechanical Engineer.
- Save all documentation, analysis and recommendations for each project in the server locations designated for the purpose.
- Work with the Application Engineering Manager and Sales Service Managers to develop project marketing and bid strategies and negotiation of orders,
- Quote budget and firm pricing as required.
- Deliver post order customer service including resolution of commercial issues with the Manufacturer’s Representative; trouble shoot and problem solve acoustic issues with the mechanical Engineer and Manufacturer’s Representative and end users as required.
- Mentor junior application engineers.
The successful candidate will have:
- University or College degree in a technical field or 5+ years equivalent industry experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven sales cycle experience
- Superior Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Good Negotiating and conflict resolution skills
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group company has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.
Job Type: Full-time