Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company where you can learn and develop? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment working with a team of professionals?
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group Company is recruiting for a Purchasing Manager to join our team at our office conveniently located in Markham, ON. Vibro-Acoustics is a North American leader in HVAC, noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, retirement savings plan, great team environment and a state of the art employee lounge complete with a big screen TV and ping pong table!
We have created a NEW role for a Purchasing Manager reporting to the Vice President, Operations. This position is a highly visible supply chain role that is responsible for leading our purchasing team and overseeing the responsibility of forecasting, inventory planning and procurement across the supply chain network. This role is a key liaison with our suppliers, service providers and internal customers. You will identify ways to improve supply planning processes and be responsible for ensuring the teams accuracy of forecasting and planning to support the Operations teams in meeting customer performance objectives.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support each facility's purchasing requirements through leading purchasing team to ensure on-time delivery manufacturing materials.
- Develops, mentors and trains purchasing personnel including a team
- Daily interaction with plants to assess and respond to urgent requirements
- Works proactively with sales, production and engineering to meet and exceed goals as well as monitor and reduce underperforming inventory
- Keep abreast of market trends, new products and technologies, and any issues that will affect price or capacity
- Provide leadership in resolution of day to day issues
- Assists in root cause analysis for supply chain issues/variances and implement corrective/preventative actions
- Assesses purchasing options and completes purchase approvals
- Developing and issuing RFQ packages, negotiate terms & conditions for Vendors
- Comprehensive Analysis of Vendors in order to determine final recommendation, which is to be based on sound decision-making that aligns with the project scope and facility needs
- Develop new sources of supply and maintain a good working relationship with existing suppliers
- Determine areas for process improvement and develop implementation plans
- Support efforts related to successful launch of new products or projects
- Independently prepare and orally present final recommendation of purchasing and inventory related items to Senior Management
- Other duties as required
- University degree or College Diploma with two (2) years of specialized training (PMAC, APICS, or related work experience)
- Four (4) years of experience in Supply Chain, two (2) in which must be in a supervisory capacity
- Must have strong leadership skills, ability to analyze alternatives, use of judgment and initiative in managing inventory
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be experienced with ERP – MRP systems
- Must be highly organized in fast paced environment
- Ability to procure and expedite purchases efficiently. Good oral and written communication ability.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills in a high paced environment
- Effective prioritization and multi-tasking
- Role requires strong combination of analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple levels of the organization, including orally presenting recommendations to Senior Management
- High level of analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with the negotiation of production commodities and/or services contacts
- Strategic Vendor sourcing experience is an asset
- Required travel 2 to 3 days per month to other locations; Valid passport required
- Personal vehicle is required as the role will occasionally require visiting local vendors
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group company has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-7371 x 5301. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.