Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company where you can learn and develop?
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group Company is recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team at our office conveniently located in Markham, ON. Vibro-Acoustics is a North American leader in noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half of a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, a retirement savings plan, great team environment and a state of the art employee lounge!
- This role will support improvement projects at our three plant locations in Canada and the USA.
- This role is responsible to improve manufacturing operations by implementing new or improved processes and equipment that improves safety & quality, increases output and reduces cost.
- If you are a results oriented individual we offer a dynamic, challenging and progressive work environment.
- Conduct time studies and develop standard work instructions for sheet metal process and HVAC Air handling unit assemblies
- Implement safety and ergonomic improvements
- Drive labour reduction projects
- Participate and support cost savings initiatives
- Participate in Kaizen events
- Identify potential for quality issues and solve.
- Provide ongoing production support
- Document manufacturing and other processes
- Identify opportunities for new equipment, tooling, new or improve methods/process, manufacturing techniques and actively supports and drives these activities to conclusion
The Ideal Candidate Will Have The Following
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering; Industrial Engineering will be considered
- Prefer 1- 3 years of manufacturing operations experience
- Documentation skills and Automotive experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Pivot Tables, Word)
- Engineering software knowledge and use.
- Project management skills.
- Value Stream Mapping, Time Studies, Cycle and TAKT Time analysis
- Lean and/or Six Sigma knowledge / experience are a plus.
- Experience working in a unionized environment desired
- Hands on, results driven
- Ability to travel internationally as required
- Authorized to work in Canada without sponsorship
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group company has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.