Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company where you can learn and develop?
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group Company is recruiting for a Junior Mechanical Designer to join the team at our office conveniently located in Markham, ON. We offer a comprehensive benefit package, a retirement savings plan and a state of the art employee lounge! If you are a quick learner and looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
The Junior Mechanical Designer reports to the Engineering Manager for the VIRS Division.(Vibration Isolation and Restrain Systems)
- Reviewing piping and ductwork layouts
- Marking up the locations where piping/ductwork needs to be seismically restrained as per applicable Building Code and project Specifications
- Use existing engineering templates to calculate forces and select anchors
- Select vibration and seismic restraints for mechanical equipment using engineering templates.
- Design steel and concrete bases for mechanical equipment
Prepare submittal and shop drawings as required
- Liaise with in-house project managers, engineering and sales staff
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues on the plant floor as they arise
- Ability to review drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Use of AutoCad or SolidWorks to assist with new equipment drawings
- Estimating costs for custom products and providing pricing to Sales
- Take-offs – project estimating and providing a scope of supply for projects to Sales
- Education in a technical field, preferably an HVAC technology program
- Able to read and comprehend construction and HVAC drawings.
- Experience in AutoCAD, SolidWorks an asset
- Organized, responsible and detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Collaborative, works well within a team environment
- Willingness to learn and become part of a fantastic and growing team!
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group company has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.
Job Type: Full-time