Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company where you can learn and develop?
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group Company is recruiting for a Cost Accountant to join our team at our office conveniently located in Markham, ON. We offer a comprehensive benefit package, a retirement savings plan and a state of the art employee lounge! If you are a quick learner and looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
The Cost Accountant is responsible for the ongoing collection, monitoring and analysis of the cost accounting process to report product/business unit margins and track costs back to underlying activities.
Responsible for the Cost Accounting process.
- Co-ordinate standard cost development/maintenance for purchased items.
- Maintain standard and actual costs for manufactured products and engineering services.
- Develop and apply overhead application methodology.
- Develop annual standard and actual costs for budget preparation.
- Develop cost estimates for new and proposed products.
Responsible for Cost Accounting transactions
- Work with other departments to ensure all sales and cost of sales transactions are processed to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Detailed analysis and reporting to the gross margin level on profit and loss statement.
- Perform variance analysis to determine root cause for actual versus standard variances.
- Maintain the Acumen time management system for all manufacturing plant personnel.
- Record weekly/monthly journal entries
Communicate Cost Accounting Results
- Provide reports detailing margins by business unit and products/services.
- Report manufacturing and inventory key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Report sales and order backlog.
Responsible for inventory valuation
- Manage monthly/quarterly inventory counts.
- Reconcile inventory count results to the sub-ledger for all four locations.
- CPA designation or final stages of obtaining CPA designation.
- Business Degree or equivalent.
- Manufacturing cost accounting experience using an ERP system.
- Microsoft Office skills with Excel at intermediate to advanced level.
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking skills to analyze/interpret cost accounting transactions
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
Vibro-Acoustics, a Swegon Group company has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-8049. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.
- Cost Accounting: 3 years
- Manufacturing: 1 year