Are you looking to join a growing company where you can learn and develop? We are currently looking for innovative and driven individuals to join our team! You will learn from industry experts through on the job training. If you are a quick learner and seeking a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Swegon North America is recruiting for an Assembly Associate to join our team at our manufacturing plant in Markham, ON. We operate production 4 days per week (Mon – Thurs) with 10 hour shifts.
What we offer…
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- Comprehensive benefits
- Modern and spacious employee lounge including a big screen TV and Ping Pong
- Team building and social events
- Convenient location in Markham, free parking and many amenities close by
Overview of the Job
The Assembly team builds “GOLD” air handling units using established Lean Manufacturing best practices in an agile flexible manufacturing team environment to meet production schedules and quality standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Be trained as the local subject matter expert in the building of the “GOLD” air handling units in Canada.
- Assemble “GOLD” units from components using designated tools and devices.
- Inspect and test finished units to meet form, fit and operating specifications using designated equipment.
- Create and follow established standard production operating procedures
- Pack and wrap finished units to meet visual and functional specifications.
- Learn and be able to perform all positions within the work cell
- Rotate positions within work cell to develop functional expertise and provide back-up to others.
- Flex the duties of the position to meet “takt time” requirements of the production schedule
- Work in a team based environment contributing to the work output and ideas for continuous improvements.
- Train other team members in a motivated and engaged learning environment.
- Use computer to plan production requirements and meet production schedule.
- Use computer to determine parts requirements to retrieve components
- Use computer to provide input and output on inventory management system.
- Pro-actively follow safety procedures and PPE.
- Use 5’s principles to organize work and work spaces.
- Work pro-actively with Plant Manager to resolve production and process problems.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Use LEAN tools to track variances in work flow, work standards, rework and customer complaints.
- Implement methods, procedures and process changes to reduce LEAN waste and to make continuous improvements using LEAN methodologies.
- Be spoke person for the work cell during customer factory tours.
Education And Qualifications
- College level mechanical aptitude or demonstrated ability to learn technical concepts.
- Superior blue-print reading ability from technical training or demonstrated ability.
- General computer training. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Lean Manufacturing & 5’s training & experience is an asset.
- Leadership training and experience is an asset.
Knowledge And Skills
- Able to operate basic machines and equipment to perform required work.
- Superior written, verbal communication skills.
- Superior problem solving skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to present ideas in a team based environment.
- Able to lift, push, bend and twist 25 lbs. during the assembly process.
- Manual dexterity to assemble components in small tight spaces
- Proactively problem solve in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Effective Communications Skills; verbal, written, email, articulating ideas
- Dynamic Leadership Skills & Teamwork
- Excel Skills to identify problems & solutions
- Able to work independently with low supervision.
- High energy, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, can motivate others.
- This role is for the day shift 6:00am to 4:30pm, Monday - Thursday $18.50/hr (please note subject to shift rotation)
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-7371. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.